The successful completion of the training of the abdominal depends on the anatomy of that area. It is necessary to know the muscles that are involved in different movements to avoid injury in the lumbar or cervical cancer that may occur by a wrong job.
By choosing the exercises will identify the opposing forces and use them to benefit from the routine of weight training.
Anatomy of the abdominal muscles:
- Rectus abdominis muscle: It is a pair that is located on the sides of the median line forming the anterior abdominal. It is covered by a sheath (fascia) that multiplies your stress robust. The muscle is composed of 4 muscle bellies separated by 3 bands of tendons.
- Abdominal oblique muscle: Occupies the lateral surface of the abdomen. It is the largest.
- Lower abdominal oblique muscle: Occupies the inner oblique muscle. It is smaller and its fibers are counter to the oblique muscle is the same side.
- Transverse abdominal muscle: It is the deepest, is located on the inside of the abdominal wall and its fibers are cross-cutting.
For good health in the pelvic and lumbar spine must compensate the muscle tone of the abdominal muscles with the lumbar region is the antagonist (opposite). The abdominal muscles involved in maintaining the posture erect, maintain proper body alignment.
Proper performance of abdominal exercises:
The maintenance of body alignment increases its effectiveness, improving performance and minimizing the risk of injury.
There are some factors of importance for the proper performance of abdominal exercises:
- We keep your head relaxed, this prevents the neck muscles force them. The view must point at an angle of 45 ° up forward, keeping the chin away from your body. The hands are placed behind the neck.
- The column performs a dorsal flexion, scapular level, when working the top, or back when we work at the bottom.
- The knees are kept bent to avoid arching your lower back.
- We expel all the air when we make the maximum effort. The contraction of the abdomen presses doing to get air.
- When we raise the upper body, lower back must remain in contact with the floor. The trunk rises only 30 °.